Sonntag, 12. August 2007


All in...


All in all, this weekend was ok. Ended up going to the Asian festival on Saturday with Ken, Kenny, and Christine. It was generally kind of lame, but the taiko and Chinese yo-yos were cool. Then we went back to Kenny's and I watched the boys play video games (as Akane can tell you all, I can sit for hours and watch people play). Realizing I had yet to buy my mother a gift, I dragged Kenny and Ken out on a little shopping adventure, but ended up empty handed since the stored decided to hate me. Got free food from Kenpa then went to sleep at Ken's for a while. Sunday was equally fun. Got my mom a foot massager (can anyone say "double motive"?) but forgot a card ><. Oh well. I made it up to her by taking her and Ken (he lacks a mommy) to Benihana's for some spiffin hibachi. Rawkage ensued. Not too shabby a weekend, if I do say so myself.Today (school day) was, unfortunately, not so spiffy. Woke up to the horror that is the AP biology exam. The multiple choice kind of sucked but they managed to pick VERY nice essay questions (thank you College Board!!). After that, Ken took me to Corner Bakery and yummy foodage was attained (get off campus lunch if we do AP exams). The rest of the school day was boring and not worth noting.After school, I hooked up with Mary Helen, Cory, Eileen, and Ken and we hung out a bit (yay Futurama and Tivo!). Then, all of us (minus Ken) went to the lake and hung out there for a while. Upon finding a rather large patch of blackberries, Eileen, Mary Helen, and I gorged and all was well with the world. Cory and I also climbed some rocks and a surprising thing happened. Now for those of you who don't know Cory, he's not the um...nicest of people. However, he occasionally has nice moments and I must have caught him on one of his extended ones. It should also be noted that he's about a foot taller than me and much stronger, so climbing is a bit easier for him. Realizing this (though I think he also has some sort of odd sense of chivalry), he actually HELPED me on SEVERAL occasions. Sounds like nothing special, but if ya knew the guy, you'd understand. Anyway, after that funness I had to leave for jiu-jitsu.Jiu-jitsu was fun, but I wanted to learn more techniques. Today, instead of learning new stuff, we basically just drilled the whole time, which got kind of boring, but oh well. Coach says that if I compete in a tournament on May 29 (it's no gi, which is not cool) an dI get 1st or 2nd place, he'll blue belt me right there. However, I don't like tournaments, so I'm torn on what I should do...While I want to be a blue belt as soon as possible, I hate that kind of competition. I want to do jiu-jitsu to do jiu-jitsu, not to compete, which is what coach wants me to do. Also, I hate point fighting (that's what determines who wins if no one's tapped out) since I can't read the points when I grapple cause I'm almost blind. That and I think it's dumb (submission fighting pwns especially with hits). Grrrr, but I want my blue belt! Oh well, I'll figure something out...Poem of the Day:Roses are redViolets are blueAnd all my base are belong to you-Cap'n Midori

Keine Kommentare: